Friday, December 03, 2004

Cutting......

My dad does some things differently from other people; pronunciation of certain words for example. I went to a school called Grosvenor House, which he always referred to as Gruvner, cancer has a hard second “c”, canker, the other morning we had a coffee together at Coshta (which he told me is Portuguese for rib).

During that caffeine break, he mentioned that he had fancied a new razor and had bought a four blade one. He stated that he likes it except that the head keeps falling off. Also “due to the hard water in the area a deposit of calcium builds up very quickly” on the instrument, “which is quite difficult to remove”.

I may be wrong but I bet those marketing types down at Gillette would refer to the calcium deposit as a Lubra-strip and I know from experience that attempting to remove it might well cause the head to come off.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My dad describes a winding road as "ziggyzag". My mum has amalgamated very and expensive into "verrkespense". Words, eh!

Anonymous said...

Markespense not verrkespense pero.

Dominic said...

Marks & Expensive