Thursday, September 22, 2005

Why not try this at home?

Last night I found a couple of organic chicken breasts in the fridge. Firstly I did that thing they do on the TV where they cut them so they kind of fold out, then I wrapped them in cling film and bashed them a little until they took on the traditional "escalop" form. Having seasoned them generously I lay strips of pancetta on top of each one, completely covering them. A quick dusting of flour before placing them pancetta-side down in a hot frying pan (there was only a table-spoon of oil in the pan as), this allows everything to cook in the pancetta fat....mmm. After 2 minutes or so and having dusted the top with a little flour you can turn over the escalop to reveal the golden, ever so slightly crispy pancetta. 2 more minutes and it is ready to serve.

Yesterday we enjoyed one of these delicacies with some steamed broccoli. (The other is in the fridge and will become Gemma's sandwich filling for today). On another occasion, I might serve them with a little crispy salad; lettuce, avocado and cherry tomatoes with a drizzle of freshly made honey mustard dressing (some of which I will save for the escalops).

Next time; the recipe for my version of shepherd's pie, which my brother aptly christened "over-head bicycle crash".

3 comments:

Dominic said...

Do you get chips with it?

ps. you seem to be suffering from even more of those spam type comments.

ab said...

yes

ab said...

word verification test