Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Top ten bands

Not everyone shares my belief that Simple Minds is a superior group to U2; I thought I might as well table my opinion of the other nine favourites in my top ten.

The Stranglers
The Psychedelic Furs
Bauhaus
Magazine
Boards of Canada
Scritti Politti
The Cure
U2 (Some songs are good but many are not).
Human League
ELO (well they were the first band I ever really listened to)

Actually, this list could be nonsense as I realise that there is the possibility that someone could mention another band that I would want to insert into the list. Perhaps I will do another list of more contemporary bands, then again I might do a list of favourite roundabouts. I noticed yesterday that Channel 4 are airing a programme which lists the top 50 dramas later this week. We must only be a little way from a programme listing the top 50 top 50 programmes.

3 comments:

Dominic said...

Good top ten.

The only ones I'm not to sure about are The stranglers and ELO. I agree that some U2 songs are brilliant and some are not very good (sorry Al).

It is interesting that you have put Scritti Politti in there. I don't know many of their songs at all, but they had a song that I thought was just about the best song I had ever heard, but I cannot remember what it was called. I also rememberf I had one of their singles that had a list on the cover of exactly how much each part of the recording and record production process had cost.

I will now be heading over to my nearest iTunes store to check out what Scritti Politti thay have in stock.

ab said...

And proving that I have one myself; Simple Minds!

Anonymous said...

green drinks in the prince george in dalston every night, wih julian wakeling from manor drive. green says hes been working on some tracks for m jackson