Thursday, July 27, 2006

Good Bye and Good Night ****

A view of Senator McCarthy's communist witch hunt in the fifties which, despite being axactly that, I really enjoyed. Focusing on the CBS newsroom and in particular a news man called Ed Morrow played very effectively by David Strathairn (you might remember him from LA Confidential and a few episodes of the Sopranos), it does a good job of showing how tense everyone got about the whole situation and is very stylish; lots of well turned out people in nice suits, smoking a lot.

2 comments:

Dominic said...

Nice bunch of reviews there. I had never heard of any of the films and I would now like to see Munich and this one. The Steve Martin one I'm not too bothered about seeing. I'd watch it with someone who wanted to watch it, but I wouldn't be bothered about seeing it on my own. Munich is the one I would most like to see though.

Dominic said...

p.s. got any more film reviews up your sleeve?