Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Dinner Rush ****

A couple of weeks ago I joined LoveFilm.com having thought about it for a couple for years. What pushed me over the edge was that I realised that I like to watch my nice TV but that lately, I end up watching stuff I don't really want to see; due to laziness. I decided that I would be making much better use of the machine if I watched things I actually wanted to. As I considered this, my mind started to drift to films that I have seen in the past and would like to see again, but that I might not necessarily remember the name of; if I could track them down then Love Film might have them.

In about the year 2000 I watched a film at a smaller Leceister Square cinema that I really enjoyed set in an Italian restaurant in Manhattan. The only thing I could remember was that one of the characters was played by an actor I had seen in a couple of episodes of Sex and the City. With the help of iMDB I tracked down Dinner Rush and it was the first of the Love Film disks to arrive.

There are no particularly big stars except perhaps for Danny Aiello who has appeared in many Italian/mafiosi movies over the years (you might remember him in the role of Papa in Madonna's Papa Don't Preach video). This is a film about revenge that builds patiently, it is only an hour and half long, the first hour and twenty minutes is scene setting, the denouement is delicious.

1 comment:

Dominic said...

Really impressed with what you have done with the new template and layout options etc. Once my orange juice has been cleaned off I'll be having a go at bringing Critical Mass up to speed.