Thursday, August 18, 2005

Terror risk

When you go out in the street these days, you know that there is a chance that people will approach you and ask for money, that you will step in something unpleasant or that you will have an altercation with someone. You are even aware that, although the chances are very small indeed, you could be run over or even involved in some kind of terrorism incident. You might not like it, but you go with it.

However, I noticed myself feeling differently at the idea that I could be sitting on a tube train reading my free copy of Metro and without warning be shot by people paid to protect me. I even caught myself wondering if I should dress more smartly next time I go into London.

5 comments:

Dominic said...

If the terrorists read this they may decide to dress more smartly too, whcih means you'll be dressed that same as them. Therefore you had better dress more scruffily next time you go to London.

ab said...

Perhaps it is a T shirt logo opportunity. Maybe one a with a target on the shoulder.

Dominic said...

Yes you should survive a shoulder shot. I guess mods need to be a bit careful these days.

Anonymous said...

I'm surprised mods are still going at all. Target or no target.

ab said...

Reminded of the Gary Larson cartoon where two dear are standing (on their hind legs ofcourse) in the woods, one of them has a large target on his back. The other remarks, "Bummer of a birthmark Hal".