Monday, August 13, 2007

Lilja 4-Ever ****

So you thought you had problems.......

Made in 2002 by the Swedish Director/Writer Lukas Moodysson who also made Together , which I enjoyed as well as something called Fucking Amal, which I have not seen. I saw an interview with him and he was big on responsibility. Music plays a major role in this film. According to imdb, he rates the most significant influence in his life as the Cure. I am now of a mind to make such a list of my own.

This is somehow both repugnant and very moving. If you want to know how lucky you are, watch this film.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I watched and enjoyed Tillsammans (together) some time ago, but haven't yet plucked up the courage to watch Lilja 4-Ever.

Does it have a happy ending?

The other film you refer to is actually a film for older children rather than adults (despite the film title). I think it is cert 11.

ab said...

If you might be thinking of watching this film for the Swedish then bear in mind that most of it is in Russian! As for the happy ending, I would say that it is not a happy film but personally I felt that the ending gave (and was meant to give, according to the interview with the director) hope.